FRIDAY NIGHT FLIGHTS: VINTAGE BOTTLE POURS!
EVERY FRIDAY, AUGUST 2ND - SEPTEMBER 27TH @ 4 PM
ChurchKey invites you to dive into our vaunted cellars as we share some of our favorite bottles of yesteryear. On Friday nights, beginning August 2nd, we will feature a vintage flight personally selected by our Beer Director Greg Engert.
Each flight will highlight how these wonderful beers have aged and developed over time. Don’t miss your chance to try standouts from Avery, Brooklyn, The Bruery and more!
There is no admission fee for this event. Featured beers & flights will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The menu is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY NIGHT FLIGHTS LIST
Avery Samael’s Oak Aged Ale -- 2011, 2013, 2015
English Strong Ale, 16.9%
Brooklyn Black Ops -- 2013, 2014, 2016
Bourbon BA Imperial Stout; 11.5%
Avery Uncle Jacob’s Stout -- 2014, 2015, 2016
Bourbon BA Imperial Stout, 16.9%
Bruery Terreux Tart of Darkness -- 2013, 2015, 2016
Oak BA Sour Stout, 6.6%
De Dolle Stille Nacht -- 2014, 2016, 2017
Belgian Strong Pale Ale, 12.0%
Avery Rumpkin -- 2013, 2014, 2015
Rum BA Imperial Pumpkin Ale, 16.9%
Girardin Gueuze 1882 Black Label -- 2016, 2017, 2018
Gueuze Lambic; 5.0%
CHURCHKEY PRESENTS: AN ARRAY OF ARIZONA WILDERNESS
TUESDAY, JULY 16TH @ 4 PM
Join ChurchKey on Tuesday, July 16th as we host our good friends from the Southwest, Arizona Wilderness! On this day, we will tap a dozen different beers from the hyper local and ever innovative brewery!
A wonderful representative of their home state, Arizona Wilderness sources local fruits, spices & flowers for many of their beers. Highlights include Salome, Wet Beaver Creek, and Sonoran Prince -- brewed with Arizona-grown lemons, beets and peaches.
Not to be outdone, we will also feature stunning IPAs like Brutal Nature: Holdout Canyon, Kyle Shutt by Kyle Shutt & Dirty Hop Water: Our Lady Electricity!
There is no admission fee for this event. All Arizona Wilderness drafts will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The menu is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL ARIZONA WILDERNESS DRAFT LIST
- Brutal Nature: Holdout Canyon (Double IPA w/ Loral & HBC 522)
- Carignon Sauvage (Sour Red Ale w/ Carignon Sauvage)
- Dirty Hop Water: Our Lady Electricity (Double IPA)
- Dry Hopped BWBW (Berliner Weisse w/ Ekuanot & El Dorado)
- Hellsgate (Helles Lager; Collab w/ Mahr's Brau)
- Kyle Shutt by Kyle Shutt (Double IPA w/ Cascade, Citra, Amarillo & Centennial)
- Salome (Saison w/ Lemon, Pink Peppercorns & Farro)
- Sonoran Prince (French Oak BA Sour Blond Ale w/ Peaches)
- Sonoran Shipwreck (Sour Brown Ale)
- Strawberry Crater (French Oak BA Sour Blond Ale w/ Strawberries)
- Valencia Gose (Gose w/ Valencia Oranges)
- Wet Beaver Creek (Witbier w/ Beets)
THE CROOKED RUN 6TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY AT CHURCHKEY!
TUESDAY, JULY 23RD @4 PM
Join ChurchKey on Tuesday, July 23rd as we celebrate the 6th anniversary of our friends at Crooked Run Brewing. We’ll toast their momentous milestone by tapping 8 different beers from the Northern Virginia brewery.
Located in Sterling, Crooked Run is one of the area’s top young breweries. Producers of a wide range of styles from traditional Pilsner, Hazy IPAs to dessert inspired Berliner Weisse, it is no wonder they are so beloved!
Highlights from the lineup include the Chicha Morada, a Sour Ale brewed with purple corn, pineapple, apple, lime & cinnamon; and Party Boi IPA infused with pineapple, coconut & rum-soaked oak chips.
Not to be outdone, we’ll also pour Paper Jet Pilsner, brewed in collaboration with our sister brewery Bluejacket!
There is no admission fee for this event. All Crooked Run beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The menu is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL CROOKED RUN 6TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY DRAFT LIST
- Ambrosia (Berliner Weisse w/ Tropical Fruit, Pecan, Coconut, Marshmallow & Lactose)
- Chicha Morada (Sour Red Ale w/ Purple Corn, Cinnamon, Pineapple, Apple & Lime)
- Cool Runnings (Bohemian Pilsner)
- Group Therapy (IPA w/ Lemons, Limes & Oranges)
- Party Boi (IPA w/ Pineapple, Coconut & Rum Oak Chips)
- Paper Jet Pilsner (Pilsner; Bluejacket Collab)
- Rageahol (Triple IPA w/ Mosaic & Vic Secret)
- Vainglory (Bourbon BA Stout w/ Cacao Nibs, Coffee & Coconut)
CHURCHKEY’S TENTH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION: VOL. 2
FRIDAY, JULY 26TH @ 4 PM
It’s hard to believe, but ChurchKey turns ten years old this October. In true ChurchKey fashion, we’re celebrating with a series of huge events, massive tap takeovers and unbelievable beer dinners from now until the end of the year!
Join us on Friday, July 26th as we continue our tenth-anniversary series with The Bruery. On this night, ChurchKey will pour 25 different beers from our friends in Orange County, while Birch & Barley will host a 5 course beer dinner led by The Bruery’s Jeremy Grinkey!
The fine folks from The Bruery have sent us an unbelievable lineup for this event. Headlining the list are uber rare kegs of American Anthem, S’more BBLs, Thee Cobbler, Acier and Annuel.
Additionally, Birch & Barley will feature a 5-course beer dinner hosted by The Bruery’s Senior Production Manager -- and craft beer luminary -- Jeremy Grinkey. This very special dinner will be paired with 5 different beers available exclusively at the dinner.
There is no admission fee for this event. All featured beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The menu is subject to change without notice.
THE CHURCHKEY TENTH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION: VOL. 2 LIST
- Acier (Oak BA English Strong Ale; Solera Blend)
- American Anthem (Bourbon BA Imperial Brown Ale w/ Peach Cobbler)
- Bakery: Coconut Macaroons (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Coconut & Vanilla)
- Mischief (Dry-Hopped Belgian Strong Blond Ale)
- Or Xata (Blond Ale w/ Rice, Cinnamon, Vanilla & Lactose)
- S'more BBLs (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ S’Mores)
- So Happens It's Tuesday: Molé (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Molé)
- Thee Cobbler (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Peach Cobbler)
- Trade Winds (Tripel w/ Rice & Thai Basil)
- White Chocolate (Bourbon BA Wheatwine w/ Cocoa & Vanilla)
- Annuel (Bourbon BA Sour Brown Ale; Solera Blend)
- ANXOREUX (Oak BA Sour Blond Ale w/ Apples; ANXO Collab)
- Brazo Brazo (Oak BA Sour Brown Ale w/ Blackberry)
- Frucht: Cucumber (Oak BA Berliner Weisse w/ Cucumber)
- Frucht: Grapefruit & Salt (Oak BA Berliner Weisse w/ Grapefruit & Salt)
- Goses Are Red (Oak BA Gose w/ Grape)
- Imperial Cabinet (Gin BA Sour Blond Ale w/ Lemon & Lime; Jester King Collab)
- Sour In The Rye: Kumquats (Oak BA Sour Blond Ale w/ Kumquat)
- Stream Crossing (Oak BA Mixed Ferm Saison; Green Cheek Collab)
- Tart of Darkness: Black Currants (Oak BA Sour Brown Ale w/ Black Currant)
- Wit The Funk (Oak BA Mixed Ferm Witbier)
OFFSHOOT BEER CO.
- One If By Land (IPA w/ Citra)
- Relax [It’s Just a Hazy IPA] (IPA)
- Retreat [This Is a Hazy Double IPA] (Double IPA w/ Mosaic, Cashmere & El Dorado)
- Two If By Sea (Double IPA w/ Nelson & Godiva)
THE BIRCH & BARLEY 10TH ANNIVERSARY DINNER W/ THE BRUERY’S JEREMY
FRIDAY, JULY 26th @ 6 PM
It’s hard to believe, but Birch & Barley turns ten years old this October. In true Birch & Barley fashion, we’re celebrating with a series of huge events, massive tap takeovers and unbelievable beer dinners from now until the end of the year!
Join us on Friday, July 26th as we welcome the fine folks of The Bruery. On this night, we’ll host an intimate 5 course dinner co-hosted by The Bruery’s Senior Production Manager -- and craft beer luminary -- Jeremy Grinkey!
Since 2015, Jeremy Grinkey has overseen the sour beer program at Bruery Terreux, which includes over 2,000 oak barrels and 9 oak foeders. He is without a doubt, considered one of the industry’s leading experts on the production, management and blending of wood-aged beers. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to dine with a true legend of craft beer!
Executive Chef Jarrad Silver has prepared a mouth-watering 5 course menu to pair with an unbelievable lineup of The Bruery’s rarest and most exclusive beers. The list includes Chocolate Rain, Poached Fig, Elizabeth Rutherford, Bourgogne Noir and LXXV!
Birch & Barley will offer two seatings for this very special dinner, 6:00 and 8:30 PM. Book your seats soon. Only 15 seats will be available per seating.
The Bruery dinner is 5 courses and includes a tasting portion of each beer. The dinner is $95 per person, not including tax & gratuity. Reservations are required. To reserve your spot at the Brewers Brunch, please call 202-567-2576.
THE BIRCH & BARLEY 10TH ANNIVERSARY DINNER W/ THE BRUERY MENU
Lemon Verbena, Dill, Citrus Salad, Serrano, Sumac Pearl Onions
LXXV, Mixed Fermentation Saison w/ Chardonnay & Lemon (8.2%)
RABBIT LIVER MOUSSE
Pumpernickel, Pistachio, Figs, Black Garlic
Poached Fig, Bourbon Barrel-Aged Barleywine w/ Figs (13.2%)
AUTUMN OLIVE HERITAGE PORK
Grilled Peaches, Pickled Green Tomato, Charred Radicchio, Red Chermoula, Chicharron
Elizabeth Rutherford, French Oak Barrel-Aged Black Tuesday w/ Cab. Sauv. Pomace (14.5%)
Cherry-Espresso Gastrique, Bahar Jus, Shaved Beets
Bourgogne Noir, French Oak Barrel-Aged Beer-Wine Hybrid w/ Pinot Noir Must (14.1%)
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE
Feuilletine Hazelnut, Cherry Hibiscus Sorbet, Bourbon Soaked Cherries
Chocolate Rain, Black Tuesday w/ Vanilla & Cocoa Nibs (19.5%)
THE OFFICIAL TRIPLE CROSSING POP-UP AFTER PARTY
SATURDAY, JULY 27TH @ 12 PM
On Saturday, July 27th, ChurchKey will host the official after party for the Triple Crossing pop-up can release at The Bruery Store. Join us as we pour 9 drafts from Triple Crossing!
Start your morning at The Bruery Store in Union Market for a very special pop-up can release from Triple Crossing. After you get your goodies from Triple Crossing and The Bruery, head west to ChurchKey to find an incredible list of rare and hard-to-find brews!
Triple Crossing is bringing out a slew of specialties for the occasion! There is something for everyone at the table, from the hazy & juicy, Citra hopped Bright Lights IPA to the tart Chroma Cerise conditioned on Montmorency Cherries, even the bright & crisp Pathway Pils!
There is no admission fee for this event. All beers from Triple Crossing will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The menu is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL TRIPLE CROSSING DRAFT LIST
- Bright Lights (IPA w/ Citra)
- Chroma Cerise (Oak BA Sour Red Ale w/ Montmorency Cherry)
- Deep Dark Woods (Oak BA Imperial Stout w/ Coconut)
- Delta (Wine BA Sour Blond Ale w/ Nelson Sauvin)
- Falcon Smash (IPA)
- Less than Alone (Oak BA Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla)
- Pathway Pils (Pilsner)
- The Grid (Double IPA w/ Falconer’s Flight & Mosaic)
- Tiny Pils (Pilsner)
THE BREW GENTLEMEN 5TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY W/ CO-FOUNDER MATT KATASE
THURSDAY, AUGUST 8TH @ 4PM
Join ChurchKey on Thursday, August 8th, as we welcome the fine folks of Brew Gentlemen! On this night, we will celebrate the Pennsylvania brewery’s 5th anniversary by pouring 5 beers with co-founder Matt Katase.
Located in Braddock, this exciting young brewery is rarely found outside the state of Pennsylvania. Don’t miss your chance to try these out-of-market beers -- including standouts Akamai, V and Mise en Rose.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Brew Gentlemen beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The beer list is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL BREW GENTLEMEN 5TH ANNIVERSARY LIST:
- Akamai (Double IPA; Draft)
- Blanks & Postage (English Mild; Cask)
- General Braddock’s (IPA; Draft)
- Mise en Rose Reserve Blend (Oak BA Saison; BTL Pour)
- V (Bourbon BA Porter; Draft)
THE SCHILLING BEER CO. SHOWCASE
FRIDAY, AUGUST 16TH @ 4PM
THE SCHILLING BEER CO. SHOWCASE
Friday, August 16th
Join ChurchKey on Friday, August 16th, as we salute the colossal craft brews from our friends at Schilling Beer Co. On this night, we’ll pour 9 different beers from the New Hampshire brewery!
Schilling was founded by 4 brothers and their father in 2013. Located in a converted 18th-century grist mill on the Ammonoosuc River, this close-knit family is known for producing continental European-inspired beers.
Don’t miss your chance to try this exciting brewery, available for the first time ever in DC! Highlights include Erastus, Tenno Dry and two beers from their new sour program, Asymmetry of Time and Havel & Spree!
As an added bonus, we’ll also pour Combover IPA from Schilling's second label, Resilience Brewing!
There is no admission fee for this event. All Schilling and Resilience beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The beer list is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL SCHILLING BEER CO. SHOWCASE LIST
SCHILLING BEER CO.
- Alexandr 10° (Pilsner)
- Asymmetry of Time (Oak BA Mixed Ferm Saison; Free Will Collab)
- Erastus (Tripel)
- Hanse (Kellerbier)
- Havel & Spree (Berliner Weisse w/ Blueberry, Vanilla & Lemon)
- Modernism (Tmavy)
- Poppy's Moonship (Gose w/ Guava & Passionfruit)
- Tenno Dry (Pale Lager w/ Rice)
- Combover (IPA w/ Vic Secret & Galaxy)
THE FIRESTONE WALKER BARREL-AGED BLOWOUT!
SATURDAY, AUGUST 17TH @ 12 PM
Join ChurchKey on Saturday, August 17th, as we host the fine folks from Firestone Walker Brewing Company! On this night, we’ll pour 15 barrel-aged beers from the iconic California brewery.
Our friends at Firestone Walker have sent us an unbelievable list of kegs -- including Los Leñadores, Maple Parabola and Violet Underground. To match this incredible lineup, we’re diving deep into our cellar and pulling out some of our favorite Firestone Walker barrel-aged releases. Highlights include Anniversary XIX, Helldorado 2016 and Velvet Merkin 2016!
There is no admission fee for this event. All Firestone Walker beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The beer list is subject to change without notice.
THE FIRESTONE WALKER BARREL-AGED BLOWOUT BEER LIST:
- Anniversary Ale XIX (Oak BA Strong Ale; BTL Pour)
- Anniversary Ale XX (Oak BA Strong Ale; BTL Pour)
- Anniversary Ale XXI (Oak BA Strong Ale; BTL Pour)
- Bravo 2017 (Oak BA Imperial Brown Ale; BTL Pour)
- Helldorado 2016 (Oak BA Barleywine; BTL Pour)
- Krieky Bones 2016 (Wine BA Sour Red Ale w/ Cherries; BTL Pour)
- Lil’ Opal 2016 (Oak BA Saison; BTL Pour)
- Los Leñadores (Rye BA Imperial Brown Ale w/ African & Brazilian Wood; Draft)
- Maple Parabola 2019 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Maple Syrup; Draft)
- Parabola 2019 (Oak BA Imperial Stout; Draft)
- Parabola 2016 (Oak BA Imperial Stout; BTL Pour)
- §ucaba 2016 (Oak BA Barleywine; BTL Pour)
- Union Jack (IPA w/ Amarillo, Cascade & Centennial Hops; Draft)
- Velvet Merkin 2015 (Bourbon BA Oatmeal Stout; BTL Pour)
- Violet Underground (Oak BA Sour Blond Ale w/ Raspberries & Violet; Wild Beer Co. Collab.; Draft)
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12TH - 2 PM - 6 PM
Snallygaster is the district’s beastliest beer festival, bar none. And on October 12th, the monster makes its triumphant return to Pennsylvania Ave for its eighth year as a rollicking salute to craft beer. Festival goers can expect an unbelievable array of 400+ highly sought-after brews from 150+ of the finest American and international producers, set against a backdrop of local food trucks and two stages of live music. Brought to you by the minds behind Bluejacket, ChurchKey and more, this is far and away the biggest event of the year for beer geeks of every stripe.
★ ★ ★
SNALLYGASTER 2019 PASSES
Pay a flat fee for your admission + unlimited beer and wine tastings. Food and merch can be purchased with cash or credit card throughout the venue. There are two advance pass options:
The Kraken | General Admission | $50
Grants you entry to the festival at 2 PM, a commemorative tasting glass, plus unlimited imbibing all day long. Purchase here: giftrocker.com/krakenpass
The Basilisk | VIP | $100
Grants you early entry at 12 PM for 2 hours of first access to all 400+ beers (including the rarest, most limited supply selections), exclusive VIP amenities, a commemorative tasting glass, plus unlimited imbibing all day long. Purchase here: giftrocker.com/basiliskpass
★ ★ ★
Follow the beast on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram [@snallygasterdc], where we’ll unleash updates on the brewers, beers, bands, food trucks + more in the coming months, and head to snallygasterdc.com for the rest of the deets.