THE TROEGS NUGGET NECTAR FIRST SQUEEZE 2019
TUESDAY, JANUARY 15TH @ 4 PM
On Tuesday, January 15th, Churchkey will host the fine folks from Tröegs Independent Brewing. In what has become an annual tradition, we will once again showcase the inimitable Tröegs Nugget Nectar 7 different ways on both draft and cask!
Released once a year, every January, Nugget Nectar is an excessively dry-hopped Imperial Amber Ale bursting with notes of pine, resin and mango.
In celebration of this special occasion, Churchkey will offer Nugget Nectar on draft, nitro pour and on all 5 of our cask engines. Each specialty cask of this alluring elixir will feature a different dry-hop treatment, adding nuanced layers of flavors to an already unbelievable ale.
Not to be outdone, we’ll also pour hard-to-find kegs of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Tröegenator, Blackberry Tizzy and Impending Descent.
For the third straight year, Tröegs has teamed with artists from across the country to design commemorate posters inspired by Nugget Nectar. Complementary prints of these limited edition posters will be available while supplies last.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Tröegs beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. pours.
THE OFFICIAL TRÖEGS NUGGET NECTAR FIRST SQUEEZE DRAFT & CASK LIST
- Blackberry Tizzy (Bourbon BA Sour Ale w/ Blackberry, Apricot & Spices; Draft)
- Bourbon BA Tröegenator (Bourbon BA Doppelbock; Draft)
- Dead Reckoning (Porter; Draft)
- Dreamweaver (Hefeweizen; Draft)
- Freaky Peach (Bourbon BA Sour Ale w/ Peach; Draft)
- Impending Descent (Imperial Stout; Draft)
- Mortal Cherry (Oak BA Sour Ale w/ Cherry; Draft)
- Nitro Nugget Nectar (Imperial Amber; Nitro Pour)
- Nugget Nectar (Imperial Amber Ale; Draft)
- Nugget Nectar: Nugget (Imperial Amber w/ Nugget; Cask)
- Nugget Nectar: Cascade (Imperial Amber w/ Cascade; Cask)
- Nugget Nectar: Bravo (Imperial Amber w/ Bravo; Cask)
- Nugget Nectar: Mt. Hood (Imperial Amber w/ Mt. Hood; Cask)
- Nugget Nectar: Mosaic (Imperial Amber Ale w/ Mosaic; Cask)
- Sunshine Pils (Pilsner; Draft)
THE BELL’S HOPSLAM DC RELEASE PARTY!
FRIDAY, JANUARY 18TH @ 4 PM
Join ChurchKey on Friday, January 18th as we welcome back one of our annual favorites, Bell’s Hopslam! On this night, we’ll pour 7 different Bell’s Brewery beers, including some of the area’s first kegs of Hopslam 2019!
Brewed once a year, Hopslam is a remarkably smooth Imperial IPA dosed with honey and six different hop varietals. Despite hovering around 10% abv, this highly anticipated release remains dangerously drinkable.
Not to be outdone, we will also feature kegs of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Hell Hath No Fury, Cherry Stout and Third Coast Ale.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Bell’s beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE BELL’S HOPSLAM DC RELEASE PARTY LIST
- Bourbon BA Hell Hath No Fury (Bourbon BA Belgian Dark Ale)
- Cherry Stout (Stout w/ Cherry)
- Expedition (Imperial Stout)
- Hopslam (Double IPA w/ Honey)
- Lager of The Lakes (Pilsner)
- Third Coast (Barleywine)
- Two Hearted (IPA)
THE OFFICIAL CIGAR CITY DC DEBUT!
MONDAY, JANUARY 21ST @ 4 PM
Join ChurchKey on Monday, January 21st as we host the official DC debut of Cigar City Brewing Company. On this night, we’ll welcome our good friends from Tampa, FL by pouring 13 of their incredible beers on draft!
Founded in 2009, Cigar City has been collecting accolades since their inception, including six appearances on RateBeer.com’s Top 10 Breweries Worldwide. Over the years, local beer geeks have been teased with occasional, small drops from Cigar City. Luckily for us, the Florida brewery is finally ready to enter the DC market full time!
In celebration of this momentous occasion, we’ll pour two incredibly rare El Catador Club releases. Criminal Commission, brewed in collaboration with Bottle Logic, is a Rum Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout infused with Banana, Vanilla and Cinnamon. Snack Attack 2018, a collaboration with Bluejacket and Funky Buddha, is a Whiskey barrel-aged Imperial Stout conditioned on cocoa nibs, peanuts, vanilla, lactose and salt.
Not to be outdone, we’ll also showcase Madeira Barrel-Aged American Barleywine-Style Ale, a taproom exclusive release!
There is no admission fee for this event. All Cigar City beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE OFFICIAL CIGAR CITY DC DEBUT LIST
- Criminal Commission (Rum BA Stout w/ Banana, Vanilla & Cinnamon; Bottle Logic Collab)
- Golden Ale (Blond Ale)
- Guayabera (Pale Ale w/ Citra)
- Invasion (Pale Ale)
- Jai Alai (IPA)
- Madeira BA American Barleywine-Style Ale (Madeira BA Barleywine)
- Maduro (Brown Ale)
- Margarita Gose (Gose w/ Orange & Lime)
- Marshal Zhukov’s (Imperial Stout)
- Snack Attack (Whisky BA Stout w/ Cocoa, Vanilla & Peanuts; Funky Buddha & Bluejacket Collab)
- Space Pope (IPA w/ Mosaic, Galaxy, Citra & CTZ)
- Tampa Lager (Helles Lager)
- Tocobaga (Red IPA w/ Citra & Summit)
THE HEAVY SEAS 23RD ANNIVERSARY PARTY
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23RD @ 4 PM
Join ChurchKey on Wednesday, January 23rd as we celebrate the 23rd anniversary of our good friends at Heavy Seas Beer. On this extraordinary day, we will feature 15 incredible draft & cask selections from the Baltimore institution.
Headlining the event is Heavy Seas 23 Triple IPA! This bold brew is triple dry-hopped with Simcoe, Citra, Mosaic and Cascade. Juicy and tantalizing, this limited release beer boasts heavy notes of citrus, tropical fruit and pine!
Not to be outdone, we'll also feature 5 beers from the Cannon IPA series, 2 Blackbeard's Breakfast variants and 3 different specialty cask ales!
There is no admission fee for this event. All Heavy Seas beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE HEAVY SEAS 23RD ANNIVERSARY PARTY BEER LIST
- 23 (Triple IPA w/ Simcoe, Citra, Mosaic & Cascade; Draft)
- AmeriCannon (Pale Ale w/ Centennial & Simcoe; Draft)
- AmeriCannon: Simcoe (Pale Ale w/ Simcoe; Cask)
- Blackbeard's Breakfast: Coffee (Imperial Porter w/ Coffee; Draft)
- Blackbeard's Breakfast: Salted Caramel (Imperial Porter w/ Caramel; Draft)
- Citra Cannon (IPA w/ Citra; Draft)
- Cutlass (Vienna Lager; Draft)
- Double Cannon (Double IPA; Draft)
- Loose Cannon (IPA w/ Simcoe, Palisade & Centennial; Draft)
- Loose Cannon: Twigs & Cherries (IPA w/ Twigs & Cherry; Cask)
- Peg Leg (Imperial Stout; Draft)
- Pounder Pils (Pilsner; Draft)
- Powder Monkey: Fuggle & Golding (Pale Ale w/ Fuggle & Golding; Cask)
- TropiCannon (IPA w/ Grapefruit, Orange & Lemon Peel; Draft)
- Winter Storm (Extra Special Bitter; Draft)
MELVIN 2X4 DAY: IPAS, KUNG FU, WU-TANG + LIVE HIP HOP COVERS!
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2ND @ 12 PM
Get ready for the return of the mother-bleeping ruckus! That’s right, Melvin 2x4 Day returns to ChurchKey on Saturday, February 2nd. Don’t miss the ultimate craft beer-kung fu-hip hop party -- featuring live instrumental covers of hip hop classics!
Melvin 2x4 Day 2019 celebrates the annual release of the one and only 2x4 Double IPA. In true Melvin fashion, we’ll pack the party with fresh IPAs on tap, Kung Fu on the screens and Wu Tang Clan blasting from the speakers. Rumor has it, your favorite bartenders will be dressed up in Melvin-themed costumes as well.
If that wasn’t enough, we’ve hired a live musician to play soulful instrumental covers of your favorite mid-90s hip hop classics!
One of roughly 50 bars worldwide to host 2x4 Day, ChurchKey will pour 8 out-of-market beers from the Wyoming brewery’s award winning portfolio -- including 2x4, Citradamus, and Hubert.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Melvin drafts will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. pours.
THE OFFICIAL MELVIN 2X4 DAY 2019 DRAFT LIST
- 2x4 (Double IPA w/ Columbus, Centennial, Citra & Simcoe)
- Citradamus (Double IPA w/ Citra)
- Hubert (Pale Ale w/ CTZ, Simcoe & Citra)
- IPL (India Pale Lager)
- Melvin (IPA w/ Centennial, Simcoe & Citra)
- Ruckus (Imperial Stout)
- Scenario (Porter)
- TGR Pilsgnar (Pilsner; Teton Gravity Research Collab)