FRIDAY NIGHT FLIGHTS: VINTAGE BOTTLE POURS!
EVERY FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6TH - DECEMBER 27TH @ 4 PM
ChurchKey invites you to dive into our vaunted cellars as we share some of our favorite bottles of yesteryear. Each Friday night, we will feature a vintage flight personally selected by our Beer Director Greg Engert.
Each flight will highlight how these wonderful beers have aged and developed over time. Upcoming selections include standouts from Oxbow Brewing Company, The Bruery & Boulevard Brewing Company!
There is no admission fee for this event. Featured beers & flights will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The menu is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL FRIDAY NIGHT FLIGHTS LIST
Oxbow Brewing Company
- Liquid Swords 2015 (Oak BA Bière de Garde)
- Sasuga 2017 (Mixed Fermentation Ale w/ Rice)
- Saison Dell’Aragosta 2017 (Gose w/ Live Maine Lobsters)
- Poterie 2016 (Bourbon BA Old Ale)
- Melange #14 2016 (American Strong Ale)
- Mash 2015 (Bourbon BA American Strong Ale)
- Brooklyn Black Ops 2014 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout)
- Great Lakes Blackout Stout 2015 (Imperial Stout)
- Mikkeller Black Hole 2014 (Imperial Stout w/ Coffee)
Boulevard Brewing Company
- Love Child #3 (2013) (Bourbon BA Mixed Fermentation Ale)
- Love Child #4 (2014) (Bourbon BA Mixed Fermentation Ale)
- Terra Incognita 2013 (Rye Whiskey BA Mixed Fermentation Ale)
THE 4TH ANNUAL PRAIRIE ARTISAN ALES EXTRAVAGANZA!
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5TH @ 4 PM
Join ChurchKey on Thursday, December 5th, as we host the return of our favorite breweries, Prairie Artisan Ales. For the 4th straight year, our good friends from Oklahoma have sent us a massive collection of bottles and drafts, totaling 46 different beers in all, including 2 new beers for the winter season — Holiday Weekend & Seasick Crocodile!
The evening’s list includes 6 beers available only to their private membership club, the Prairie Dawgs — Dawg Chronicles Volumes 1 & 2, Proton Streams, Rye Noir, STUF’T & W. Boom Boom Beat!
Not to be outdone, we’ll also pour 9 different brewery-only releases, including BA Christmas Bomb! 2019, Bourbon Paradise 2018, Holiday Weekend, Pirate Punch, Pirate Weekend, Bye Reed, Cupid Deluxe, The Whale and a yet-to-be-named fruited sour ale! We’re even pouring Little Festival On The Prairie Ale, a one-off release brewed for their annual festival!
Additionally, Birch & Barley will feature a 4-course tasting menu paired exclusively with Prairie beers. The special tasting menu will be available throughout dinner service, beginning at 5:30 PM. Reservations can be made by visiting birchandbarley.com or by calling (202) 567-2576.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Prairie beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The beer list is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL PRAIRIE ARTISAN ALES EXTRAVAGANZA LIST
- Adjunct Trail (Imp. Stout w/ Hazelnut & Coconut; Angry Chair Collab.; BTL Pour)
- Apple Brandy Noir 2019 (Apple Brandy BA Imperial Stout; BTL Pour)
- Barrel-Aged Birthday Bomb! (Bourbon BA Imp. Stout w/ Spices & Caramel; Draft)
- Barrel-Aged Christmas Bomb! 2018 (Bourbon BA Imp. Stout w/ Spices; Draft)
- **Barrel-Aged Christmas Bomb! 2019 (Bourbon BA Imp. Stout w/ Spices; Draft)
- Basic Becky (Imperial Stout w/ Pumpkin & Fall Spices; Draft)
- Bible Belt (Imp.l Stout w/ Coffee, Vanilla, Chiles & Cocoa; Evil Twin Collab.; Draft)
- Blueberry Boyfriend (Sour Ale w/ Blueberry & Lemon; Draft)
- Bomb! 2018 (Imperial Stout w/ Coffee, Cocoa, Vanilla & Chiles; BTL Pour)
- **Bourbon Paradise 2018 (Bourbon BA Imp. Stout w/ Coconut & Vanilla; Draft)
- Bourbon Paradise 2019 (Bourbon BA Imp.Stout w/ Coconut & Vanilla; Draft)
- BWOD (Apple Brandy BA Imperial Stout w/ Spices; BTL Pour)
- **Bye Reed (Pilsner w/ Citra Hops; Draft)
- Christmas Bomb! 2014 (Imperial Stout w/ Spices; BTL Pour)
- Coffee Noir 2017 (Whiskey BA Imperial Stout w/ Coffee; BTL Pour)
- Coffee Noir 2018 (Whiskey BA Imperial Stout w/ Coffee; BTL Pour)
- **Cupid Deluxe (Sour Ale w/ Blood Orange; Draft)
- *Dawg Chronicles: Vol. 1 (Bourbon BA Imp. Stout w/ Peanut Butter Coffee; BTL Pour)
- *Dawg Chronicles: Vol. 2 (Rum BA Imperial Stout w/ Coffee & Lactose; Draft)
- Double Dunk (Imperial Stout w/ Oreos; Draft)
- **Holiday Weekend (Draft)
- Hulk Hands (Dry-Hopped Gose; Draft)
- Karate Chimp (Sour Ale w/ Apricot, Mango & Tangerine; Draft)
- Let's Get This Done (Imp. Stout w/ Chocolate Bon Bons; Cigar City Collab.; Draft)
- Little Festival On The Prairie (Whiskey BA Imp. Stout w/ Coconut & Pecans; BTL Pour)
- Noir 2017 (Whiskey BA Imperial Stout; BTL Pour)
- Noir 2019 (Whiskey BA Imperial Stout; Draft)
- No Way Frosé (Sour Ale w/ Lime, Strawberry, Pineapple & Juniper; Draft)
- Okie 2016 (Whiskey BA Imperial Brown Ale; BTL Pour)
- Okie 2019 (Whiskey BA Imperial Brown Ale; Draft)
- Okie Paradise 2019 (Rum & Whiskey BA Imp. Stout w/ Coconut; Draft)
- Pirate Bomb! (Rum BA Imperial Stout w/ Spices; Draft)
- Pirate Noir (Rum BA Imperial Stout; Draft)
- **Pirate Punch (Rum BA Imp. Stout w/ Orange Blossom & Almonds; Draft)
- **Pirate Weekend (Rum BA Imp. Stout w/ Coconut, Cocoa & Marshmallows; Draft)
- *Proton Streams (Rum & Bourbon BA Imperial Stout; Draft)
- Rainbow Sherbet (Sour Ale w/ Raspberries, Pineapples & Oranges; Draft)
- *Rye Noir (Rye Whiskey BA Imperial Stout; BTL Pour)
- Seasick Crocodile (Sour Ale w/ Cranberries, Ginger, Cinnamon & Nutmeg; Draft)
- *STUF’T (Bourbon BA Imp. Stout w/ Vanilla, Cocoa & Oreos; BTL Pour)
- **The Whale (IPA w/ Sabro Hops; Draft)
- Vanilla Noir 2017 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla; BTL Pour)
- Vanilla Noir 2019 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla; Draft)
- *W. Boom Boom Beat (Bourbon BA Imp. Stout w/ Raspberries & Vanilla; BTL Pour)
- Weaponized Fruit (Wild Ale w/ Pears, Raspberries, Apricots & Blackberries; Draft)
- **Name TBD (Sour Ale w/ Pineapple & Coconut; Draft)
* Prairie Dawgs Member-Only Beer
** Brewery-Only Beer
CHURCHKEY PRESENTS … THE BELL’S VANILLA BLACK NOTE 2019 RELEASE PARTY!
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 11TH @ 4 PM
Join ChurchKey on Tuesday, December 10th, as we host a special release of Bell’s Brewery’s Vanilla Black Note 2019! Not to be outdone, we will also pour 9 additional drafts, casks & bottles from one of the largest independent craft breweries in the country!
One of Bell’s most limited releases, Black Note is a blend of Expedition Stout and Special Double Cream Stout, then aged in Bourbon barrels. Stepping it up a notch, this version is aged with Madagascar vanilla beans, adding a sweet, creamy twist to the malty harmony of dark chocolate, espresso and dried fruit notes.
Other highlights include Cherry Stout 2015, Third Coast Old Ale 2015 & Black Note 2017.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Bell’s beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The beer list is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL BELL’S BEER LIST
- Bright White (Witbier; Draft)
- Black Note 2017 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout; BTL Pour)
- Cherry Stout 2015 (Imperial Sweet Stout w/ Cherries; Draft)
- Christmas Ale (Scotch Ale; Draft)
- Leaves of Grass IV: To A Locomotive In Winter (Smoked Porter; Draft)
- Official (Hazy IPA w/ Mosaic, Citra, Azacca, Amarillo & El Dorado Hops; Draft)
- Third Coast Old Ale 2015 (Barleywine; Draft)
- This One Goes to 11 (Amber Ale; Draft)
- Two Hearted (IPA w/ Centennial Hops; Draft)
- Vanilla Black Note 2019 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla; Draft)
THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS WITH THE BRUERY!
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13TH @ 4 PM
Join us on Friday, December 13th, as we showcase The Bruery’s 12 Days Collection. ChurchKey is honored to be the only bar in the Mid-Atlantic region to feature the full 12 Days of Christmas lineup.
12 years, 12 beers. The 12 Days Collection features re-brews and re-imaginations of all twelve of The Bruery’s original 12 Days of Christmas beers. Join us for this once every 12 years experience.
As an added bonus, we will be offering limited edition 12 Days Of Christmas official glassware! Glasses will be sold for $10 each, limit one glass per person.
There is no admission fee for this event. All beers from The Bruery will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The beer list is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS BEER LIST
- The Bruery A Partridge in a Pear Tree (Quadrupel)
- The Bruery 2 Turtles Doves (Belgian Strong Dark Ale w/ Cocoa & Pecans)
- The Bruery 3 French Hens (Oak BA Belgian Strong Dark Ale)
- The Bruery 4 Calling Birds (Belgian Strong Dark Ale w/ Spices)
- The Bruery 5 Golden Rings (Belgian Strong Golden Ale w/ Pineapple)
- The Bruery 6 Geese-A-Laying (Belgian Strong Dark Ale w/ Cape Gooseberries)
- The Bruery 7 Swans-A-Swimming (Quadrupel)
- The Bruery 8 Maids-A-Milking (Imperial Sweet Stout)
- The Bruery 9 Ladies Dancing (Tiramisu-Inspired Belgian Strong Dark Ale)
- The Bruery 10 Lords-A-Leaping (Belgian Strong Dark Ale w/ Spices)
- The Bruery 11 Pipers Piping (Scotch Ale w/ Coriander & Belgian Candi Sugar)
- The Bruery 12 Drummers Drumming (Bourbon BA Quadrupel)
- The Bruery Mischief (Dry-Hopped Belgian Strong Blond Ale)
- Bruery Terreux Wit The Funk (Mixed Fermentation Witbier)
- Offshoot Relax [It’s Just a Hazy IPA] (Hazy IPA w/ Citra & Centennial Hops)
MISTAFORTY & DJ ANALYZE PRESENT… THE HIP HOP & CRAFT BEER BOTTLE SHARE!
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14th @ 2 PM
Join ChurchKey, MistaForty & DJ Analyze as we host the Hip Hop & Craft Beer Bottle Share on Saturday, December 14th. Come celebrate diversity in craft beer while DJ Analyze spins some classic and golden era hip hop tracks.
There is no admission fee for this event. Guests are permitted to bring their own bottles for on-site consumption. All beers purchased from ChurchKey will be available at regular menu prices.
FLYING DOG & CHURCHKEY PRESENT… THE EAST COAST HOP PROJECT PANEL
MONDAY, DECEMBER 16th @ 5 PM
Join ChurchKey on Monday, December 16th as we celebrate the release of Flying Dog Brewery’s East Coast Hop Project. On this night, we’ll pour 8 specialty drafts from the Frederick, Maryland, brewery and host a panel on sustainable hop production on the East Coast.
The East Coast Hop Project is a program lead by Flying Dog, in partnership with the University of Maryland - College Park, aimed at the research and development of sustainable hop production on the East Coast. As part of this program, Flying Dog works closely with local farms to create beers with the regionally viable hops that each farm produces.
Beginning at 6 PM, ChurchKey will host a public panel headlined by Flying Dog Brewmaster, Ben Clark, and Bryan Butler Sr. head of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resource at the University of Maryland - College Park. The panel will discuss the mission of the East Coast Hop Project, the differences in East Coast vs. West Coast hops, and the future of hop growing in the US.
The East Coast Hop Project panel begins at 6 pm and is free and open to the public. Seating will be available on a first come, first serve basis. All Flying Dog beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. pours. The beer list is subject to change without notice.
THE OFFICIAL EAST COAST HOP PROJECT PANEL DRAFT LIST
- Field Notes (Pale Ale w/ Local MD Hops)
- Flanders Red (Oak BA Sour Red Ale)
- Foeder-Aged Orchard Ale (Oak BA Blond Ale w/ Apples; Collab. w/ Distillery Lane)
- Gonzo (Imperial Porter)
- Me Llamo Mole (Stout w/ Chocolate, Cinnamon, Cloves, Cumin & Chillies)
- No Filter Nana (Unfiltered Pilsner)
- Thunderpeel (Hazy IPA w/ Citra, Galaxy & Mosaic)
- The Truth (Double IPA w/ Warrior, Summit, Columbus, Citra & Amarillo)
CHURCHKEY'S 10TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION: VOL. 5, PERENNIAL ARTISAN ALES
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 17TH @ 4 PM
It’s hard to believe, but ChurchKey turned ten years old this October. In true ChurchKey fashion, we’re celebrating with a series of huge events, massive tap takeovers and unbelievable beer dinners from now until the end of the year!
Join us on Thursday, December 17th, as we continue our tenth anniversary series with our wonderful friends at Perennial Artisan Ales. On this night, we’ll pour 20 amazing brews from the Missouri brewery!
Headlining this incredible night will is Take 10, a special collaboration brewed for ChurchKey’s 10th anniversary. Inspired by two of our favorite candy bars -- Take 10 and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups -- this decadent Imperial Stout is infused with tons of peanuts, cocoa nibs and sea salt.
Not to be outdone, we’ll also pour three versions of their annual crowd favorite, Abraxas, alongside incredibly rare barrel-aged beers -- Anniversary Blend, Barrel-Aged Vermilion and Unicorn Tears.
Additionally, Birch & Barley will feature a 4-course tasting menu paired exclusively with Perennial beers. The special tasting menu will be available throughout dinner service, beginning at 5:30 PM. Reservations can be made by visiting birchandbarley.com or by calling (202) 567-2576.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Perennial beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. The beer list is subject to change without notice.
THE CHURCHKEY TENTH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION: VOL. 5 LIST
- Abraxas (Imperial Stout w/ Chillies, Cocoa, Vanilla & Cinnamon)
- Anniversary Blend (Whiskey BA Strong Ale)
- Barrel-Aged Vermillion (Rye BA Barleywine)
- Coffee Abraxas 2019 (Imperial Stout w/ Coffee, Chillies, Cocoa, Vanilla & Cinnamon)
- Contentious Matter (Imperial Porter w/ Honey)
- Foeder Coupage (Foeder-Aged Saison w/ Huell Melon & Styrian Golding)
- Fruits Of Labor: Blackberry + Raspberry (Mixed Fermentation Ale w/ Blackberry & Raspberry)
- Funky Wit Cherry (Foeder-Aged Witbier w/ Cherry)
- Giant Steps Blend 2 (Oak BA Mixed Fermentation Ale w/ Grapefruit, Raspberry & Blackberry)
- Grace Lager (Pale Lager w/ Hominy)
- Hommel Bier (Belgian Blond Ale w/ Chinook & Columbus)
- Maroon View (Pale Ale)
- Pils (Pilsner w/ Saphir)
- PRISM (Dry-Hopped Saison)
- Saison de Lis (Saison w/ Chamomile)
- Southside Blond (Belgian Blond Ale)
- Static Electricity (Double Hazy IPA w/ Simcoe & Falconer's Flight)
- Take 10 (Imperial Stout w/ Peanuts, Salt & Cocoa; ChurchKey Collab.)
- Unicorn Tears (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Cherries; Fremont Collab.)
- Vanilla Abraxas (Imperial Stout w/ Vanilla, Chillies, Cocoa, Vanilla & Cinnamon)
CHURCHKEY'S 2020 NEW YEAR'S EVE PARTY
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 31ST @ 9:00 PM
Join us at ChurchKey on New Year’s Eve for a night of rollicking revelry featuring an unlimited sea of extraordinary beers, fine food, mirth and merriment as we bid farewell to 2019 in style.
Your ticket is all inclusive of food and drink, granting you no holds barred access to:
- A full selection of the finest craft beers, wines, and curated cocktail offerings
- A steady stream of snacks.
- A DJ spinning all of your favorite tunes to add to the festivities
- A live stream of the ball drop in Times Square complete with a midnight champagne toast
- Downstairs, Birch & Barley will be opening at 5:30 PM and will be offering a choice of three diverse four course tasting menus (Beer Centric $75, Vegetarian $65, or "Little Beast" consisting of wild boar $75) with an optional beer pairing for an additional $30. Reservations can be made through Birch & Barley's website or by calling (202) 567-2576; those who have pre-party dinner reservations can receive a reduced NYE ticket rate of $75.
Tickets to ChurchKey's NYE Party can also be purchased through this link to our Eventbrite page.
Ticket options include:
Early Bird Black Friday Discount: book your ticket between November 29-December 1st to save $20.
General Admission NYE Party Tickets: sales begin December 2nd. Space is limited, so we encourage guests to book ASAP!
Birch & Barley patrons will be able to attend the ChurchKey Celebration for a reduced rate of $75. You must call (202) 567-2576 to reserve this ticket option.
What is the refund policy?
We are able to refund your ticket within 24 hours of your purchase. After 24 hours from your ticket purchase, we will not issue a refund; however, your tickets are transferrable to friends who are 21 years or older. Please contact email@example.com to request a refund.
Is my ticket transferrable to a friend if I can't make it?
Yes. You can edit the name and email address on your tickets by logging into your Eventbrite account.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Please bring your printed ticket or present your ticket on your mobile device upon arrival.
What is the dress code for the party?
There isn't any specific dress code for our New Year's Eve party. We suggest looking your best and wearing smart casual attire.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
Yes. All attendees must be 21 years of age or older and must present valid ID upon checking in.