CHURCHKEY CELEBRATES UERIGE STICKE DAY USA 2018!
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 13TH @ 4 PM
On Tuesday, November 13th, ChurchKey celebrates the inaugural Uerige Sticke Day USA. On this day we’ll showcase 5 German classics rarely seen stateside, plus giveaway limited edition Sticke Day glassware!
Uerige Sticke was first introduced in 1937, as a stronger, more assertive version of Dusseldorf-style Altbier. Only available twice a year, Uerige Sticke is released at the brewery without warning and is met with great fanfare. Join us as we toast this wonderful tradition for the first time in the US!
Our friends from Germany have sent us 3 incredibly hard-to-find kegs – Classic, Sticke and Sticke: Jroen. As an added bonus, we’ll also crack open bottles of 1862: Bourbon and DoppelSticke. You do not want to miss the opportunity to taste these delicious beers and to take home two distinct Uerige glasses - the classic "Stange" style and the special Sticke "Chalice"!
There is no admission fee for this event. All Uerige beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours. Glassware will be available while supplies last.
THE UERIGE STICKE DAY LIST
1862: Bourbon (Bourbon BA Sticke Altbier; BTL Pour)
Classic (Altbier; Draft)
DoppelSticke (Sticke Altbier; BTL Pour)
Sticke (Sticke Altbier; Draft)
Sticke: Jroen (Sticke Altbier w/ Wet Hops; Draft)
THE VIRGINIA CIDER WEEK 2018 EXTRAVAGANZA AT CHURCHKEY
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16TH @ 4 PM
On Friday, November 16th, ChurchKey celebrates Virginia Cider Week 2018 with an absolutely massive collection of local, handmade ciders. On this night, we’ll pour 30 different ciders from the best producers from the state of Virginia.
Join us as we host our friends from Albemarle CiderWorks (Albemarle), Blue Bee Cider (Richmond), Big Fish Cider Co. (Monterey), Bryant’s Small Batch Cider (Nelson), Castle Hill Cider (Albemarle), Courthouse Creek Cider (Goochland) and Potter’s Craft Cider (Charlottesville).
Highlights from the list include Blue Bee Cross Pollinate (Collaboration with The Veil), Albemarle Red Hill, Big Fish Monterey Maple, Bryant’s Swill Singing, Courthouse Creek Rustico, Castle Hill Big Pippin: Prickly Pear & Orange, and Potter’s Dirt Napple (Collaboration with The Veil).
There is no admission fee and reservations are not required for this event. All featured ciders will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
- Arkansas Black (Dry Cider; Draft)
- Ragged Mountain (Off-Dry Cider; Draft)
- Red Hill (Dry Cider; BTL Pour)
- Jupiter’s Legacy (Off-Dry Cider; BTL Pour)
BIG FISH CIDER CO.
- Allegheny Gold (Off-Dry Cider; Draft)
- Monterey Maple (Apple Brandy BA Sparkling Cider; BTL Pour)
- Ramsey’s Draft (Sparkling Cider; Draft)
- Church Hill Blush (Cider w/ Raspberry; BTL Pour)
BLUE BEE CIDER
- BA Charred Ordinary (Merlot BA Cider; BTL Pour)
- Cross Pollinate (Red Wine BA Cider; The Veil Collab; Draft)
- Hopsap Shandy (Hopped Cider; Draft)
- Sour BA Mill Race Bramble (Oak BA Cider w/ Berries; BTL Pour)
BRYANT’S SMALL BATCH CIDER
- Brite Good (Oak BA Cider; BTL Pour)
- Corpse Reviver (Cider w/ Spices; BTL Pour)
- Hell Hop (Hopped Cider; Draft; Draft)
- Swill Singing (Bourbon BA Cider w/ Peach; Draft)
COURTHOUSE CREEK CIDER
- Bella Vita (Cider w/ Raspberry & Ginger; BTL Pour)
- Blackberry Lavender (Bourbon BA Cider w/ Blackberry & Lavender; BTL Pour)
- Rustico (Oak BA Cider; Draft)
- Still Waters 2016 (Oak BA Cider; BTL Pour)
CASTLE HILL CIDER
- Big Pippin: Prickly Pear & Orange (Cider w/ Prickly Pear & Orange; Draft)
- Big Pippin: Ginger Hopped (Hopped Cider w/ Ginger; Draft)
- Celestial 2016 (Dry Cider; BTL Pour)
- Terrestrial 2016 (Off-Dry Cider; BTL Pour)
POTTER’S CRAFT CIDER
- Cider Nouveau (Oak BA Cider w/ Red Wine Pomace; BTL Pour)
- Citra Amarillo (Hopped Cider; Draft)
- Cranberry Orange Blossom (Cider w/ Cranberry & Orange Blossom; BTL Pour)
- Dirt Napple (Hopped Cider w/ Lactose; The Veil Collab; Draft)
- Pelure de Pomme (Oak BA Cider; Draft)
- Raspberries & Brett (Apple Brandy BA Cider w/ Raspberries & Brett; BTL Pour)
THE BISSELL BROTHERS SHOWCASE AT CHURCHKEY
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1ST @ 11:30 AM
Join ChurchKey on Saturday, December 1st, as we host our good friends from Bissell Brothers Brewing Company. On this night, we’ll pour 8 hard-to-find beers from the fine folks from Maine!
Headlining the list is the highly sought after Swish Double IPA. This juicy, hazy DIPA is absolutely packed with Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe and Apollo hops. Other notables include The Nuclear Whim With a Fuse of a Mile IPA, brewed with South African hops; and Preserve & Protect IPA, hopped with Denali.
Rarely available in the far south, don’t miss this incredibly rare opportunity to taste Bissell Brothers’ remarkable brews in the DC area!
There is no admission fee. All Bissell Brothers drafts will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE BISSELL BROTHERS SHOWCASE DRAFT LIST
- Big Small World (Pale Ale w/ Hallertau Blanc, Motueka & Galaxy)
- Industry Versus Inferiority (IPA w/ Idaho 7)
- Lux (Rye Pale Ale w/ Mosaic)
- Preserve + Protect (IPA w/ Denali)
- Substance (IPA w/ Falconer’s Flight, Centennial, Eureka & Chinook)
- Swish (Double IPA w/ Citra, Mosaic & Simcoe)
- The Nuclear Whim With a Fuse of a Mile (IPA w/ African Queen, Southern Passion & Citra)
- Umbra (Oatmeal Stout)