THE OFFICIAL OTHER HALF & THE BRUERY POP-UP AFTER PARTY
SATURDAY, AUGUST 18TH @ 11:30 AM
Join ChurchKey on Saturday, August 18th as we host the official after party for Other Half’s pop-up can release at The Bruery Store. Beginning at 11:30 AM, ChurchKey will pour a slew of specialty beers from the two breweries, totaling 30 beers in all!
Start your morning at The Bruery Store in Union Market for a very special pop-up can release from Other Half Brewing Company. After you get your goodies from Other Half and The Bruery, head west to ChurchKey to find an incredible list of rare and hard-to-find brews!
Notables from Other Half include Laid Back, a Sour IPA brewed with peaches and vanilla; and Astro Travellin’, an Imperial Stout finished with coconut, vanilla and macadamia nuts.
Not to be outdone, The Bruery will showcase American Anthem, a peach cobbler-inspired Bourbon barrel-aged ale; and Grey Monday, a hazelnut-infused variant of Black Tuesday.
There is no admission fee for this event. All beers from Other Half and The Bruery will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE OFFICIAL OTHER HALF & THE BRUERY POP-UP AFTER PARTY LIST
OTHER HALF BREWING CO.
- Astro Travellin' (Imperial Stout w/ Coconut, Vanilla & Nuts)
- Cream of Broccoli (Double IPA w/ Hallertau Blanc, Mosaic & Lactose)
- DDH All Citra Everything DIPA (Double IPA w/ Citra)
- DDH Cabbage (Double IPA w/ Vic Secret, Motueka & Mosaic)
- DDH Double Mosaic Daydream (Double IPA w/ Mosaic & Lactose)
- DDH Double Mosaic Dream DIPA (Double IPA w/ Mosaic)
- DDH Dream in Green: Galaxy (IPA w/ Galaxy)
- DDH Mylar Bags (Double IPA w/ Citra, Mosaic & Galaxy)
- Dream Power (Double IPA w/ Mosaic, Motueka & Lactose)
- Go With the Flow (IPA w/ Citra, Simcoe & Motueka)
- Kölsch is My Cologne (Kölsch)
- Laid Back (Sour IPA w/ Peach & Vanilla)
- Mmm...Fruit: Plums (Berliner Weisse w/ Plums)
- Mmm...Fruit: Raspberry & Blackberry (Berliner Weisse w/ Berries)
- Mosaic Dream (IPA w/ Mosaic)
- Party Booster (Double IPA)
- Possibly of Interest (Pilsner)
- Small Nelson Everything (Session IPA w/ Nelson Sauvin)
- Throw S'mores (Imperial Stout w/ Chocolate & Marshmallows)
- Triple Broccoli (Double IPA)
THE BRUERY / BRUERY TERREUX
- American Anthem (Bourbon BA Strong Ale w/ Peach, Apricot & Vanilla)
- Etain (Solera Blended Old Ale)
- Foeder #3 (Oak BA Sour Brown Ale w/ Blackberry & Cherry)
- Frucht: Guava (Oak BA Berliner Weisse w/ Guava)
- Grey Monday (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Hazelnuts)
- Minor Miner (Oak BA Grisette w/ Orange Blossom & Flowers)
- Mischief (Belgian Strong Blond Ale)
- Or Xata (Blond Ale w/ Rice, Cinnamon & Vanilla)
- Orchard Wit (Oak BA Witbier)
- Peach Sour Blonde (Oak BA Sour Blond Ale w/ Peach)
CHURCHKEY WELCOMES GREAT RAFT BREWING W/ CO-FOUNDER ANDREW NATIONS!
SUNDAY, AUGUST 19TH @ 11:30 AM
Join ChurchKey on Sunday, August 19th as we celebrate DC Beer Week with our good friends from Great Raft Brewing. On this day, we’ll pour 7 different beers from the Shreveport brewery while hosting co-founder Andrew Nations!
Headlining the list is The Company I Keep, a brand new American-style Pilsner that is refreshingly crisp and hoppy, with a subtle hint of fruit. This eminently crushable Lager will be served with a complimentary side of authentic Cajun cracklins, flown-in directly from Louisiana, while supplies last.
Not to be outdone, we’re also showcasing Double Barrel Aged Old Mad Joy, a Baltic Porter aged twice in Bourbon barrels; Rhinestone Life, a hazy New England style IPA hopped with Citra, Simcoe and Mosaic; and Oceans Between Us, a 100% Brett-fermented IPA with El Dorado hops.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Great Raft beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE OFFICIAL CHURCHKEY WELCOMES GREAT RAFT LIST
- Commotion (Double Dry-Hopped Pale Ale)
- Double Barrel Aged Old Mad Joy (Bourbon BA Baltic Porter)
- Oceans Between Us (Brett IPA w/ El Dorado)
- Reasonably Corrupt (Schwarzbier)
- Rhinestone Life (IPA w/ Citra, Simcoe & Mosaic)
- Southern Drawl (Dry-Hopped German Pilsner)
- The Company I Keep (Dry-Hopped American Pilsner; Cans)
THE WASHINGTON, DC TOTAL TAP TAKEOVER: 55 DC CRAFT-BREWED BEERS!
TUESDAY, AUGUST 21ST @ 4 PM
On Tuesday, August 21st, ChurchKey will once again devote all 55 of its draft and cask lines to beers brewed right here in the District. This marks the fourth we've turned over each and every one of our taps to our DC Craft Brewers.
A true tribute to the collective greatness of DC's brewing scene, we will showcase a wide array of one-offs and rarities--both on cask and on draft 3 Stars, Atlas, Bluejacket, DC Brau, Hellbender, District Chophouse and Right Proper. You do not want to miss this monumental event, one that has quickly become a DC Beer Week tradition at ChurchKey!
There is no admission fee for this event. All featured beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
Additionally, Birch & Barley will feature Chef Garret Fleming’s 5-course tasting menu paired exclusively with Washington, DC brewed beers. We can’t wait for you to try some of Birch & Barley's newest dishes served alongside some of the city’s finest brews!
This special tasting menu is available throughout our dinner service, from 5:30 PM until 10:00 PM. All Birch & Barley dinner reservations can be made by visiting birchandbarley.com or by calling (202) 567-2576.
THE OFFICIAL WASHINGTON, DC TOTAL TAP TAKEOVER BEER LIST
3 Stars Brewing Company
- #ultrafresh (Double IPA)
- Above the Clouds (Saison)
- Cognitive Dissonance (Berliner Weisse w/ Rye)
- Ghost (White IPA; Cask)
- Peppercorn Saison (Saison)
- Pinkies Up (Chardonnay BA Sour Blond Ale)
- Technicolor Life (Double IPA; Collab.)
- Trouble In Paradise (Sour Blond Ale w/ Mango & Guava)
- Two to the Dome (Double IPA)
- Wheelz of Steel (Double IPA)
Atlas Brew Works
- Casual Encounters (IPA)
- Damn Good (IPA)
- Dance of Days (Dry-Hopped Wheat Ale)
- Hanks Hops (Pale Ale)
- Hefeweizen (Hefeweizen)
- La Saison de Brett (Wine BA Dark Saison w/ Brett)
- Ponzi (IPA)
- Rowdy: Mosaic (Rye Pale Ale; Cask)
- Solidarity Pilsner (Pilsner; DC Beer Week Collab)
- Ugly & Stoned (Sour Blond Ale w/ Stone Fruit)
- Caribou (Sweet Stout w/ Peanut Butter)
- Double Mexican Radio: Bourbon 2017 (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Spices)
- Freak Scene (IPA)
- Hollow Horse (Double IPA)
- Kelsey & Greg’s Wedding Ale (Sour Blond Ale w/ Peach)
- Lagerfarm (Pale Lager)
- Star Power (IPA)
- Transistor (Bourbon BA Imperial Stout w/ Cocoa & Vanilla)
DC Brau Brewing Company
- Brau Pils (Pilsner)
- El Hefe Speaks (Hefeweizen)
- On The Wings of Armageddon (Double IPA)
- Space Reaper (Double IPA)
- The Corruption (IPA)
- Time Is a Mortal Master (White Wine BA Saison w/ Brett)
- Whiskey BA Doctor’s Dubbel (Whiskey BA Dubbel)
- Your Pet Cow (Sweet Stout)
- Your Trip Is Short (Barrel-Fermented Saison)
District ChopHouse & Brewery
- Alex the Gr8 (Imperial Stout; Cask)
- Inverted Jenny (Double IPA; Cask)
- Nut Brown Ale (Brown Ale; Cask)
Hellbender Brewing Company
- Bare Bones (Kolsch)
- Ignite (IPA)
- Panda Strike Force (IPA)
- Sunbreaker (Hefeweizen)
- Tartuga (Sour Red Ale Ale w/ Blackberry)
- Zestify! (Sour Blond Ale w/ Orange)
Right Proper Brewing Company
- Astral Weeks (Dry-Hopped Saison w/ Brett)
- Baron Corvo (Barrel-Fermented Biere de Garde)
- Convergent Worlds Vol. 2 (Berliner Weisse; Silver Branch Collab)
- Diamonds, Fur Coat, Champagne (Berliner Weisse w/ Lemon & Elderflower)
- Kodachrome Dreaming (Radler w/ Grapefruit, Lemon & Lime)
- Raised By Wolves (Pale Ale)
- Ravaged By Wolves (Brett IPA)
- Songlines (Dry-Hopped Saison w/ Brettanomyces)
- White Bicycles (Witbier w/ Brettanomyces)
THE WASHINGTON, DC BREWERY TASTING MENU EXPERIENCE AT BIRCH & BARLEY!
TUESDAY, AUGUST 21ST @ 5:30 - 10 PM
Join us at Birch & Barley on Tuesday, August 21st as we offer a one-of-a-kind beer and food pairing experience. On this night, we will offer Executive Chef Garrett Fleming’s 5-course tasting menu paired exclusively with Washington, DC-brewed beers.
The evening’s list includes some truly exceptional beers from 3 Stars Brewing Company, Atlas Brew Works, Bluejacket, DC Brau Brewing Company, District ChopHouse & Brewery, Hellbender Brewing Company and Right Proper Brewing Company.
Not to be outdone, our upstairs bar, ChurchKey, will feature 55 different drafts and casks from the District!
The Washington, DC Brewery tasting menu is available throughout our dinner service, from 5:30 PM until 10:00 PM. All Birch & Barley dinner reservations can be made by visiting birchandbarley.com or by calling (202) 567-2576. Please note, the menu is subject to change without notice.
THE WASHINGTON, DC BREWERY TASTING MENU
Atlas Solidarity Pilsner, Pilsner
Toasted Sesame, Pickled Strawberries
Right Proper Convergent Worlds, Berliner Weisse
Snow Crab, Squash Blossom, Lemon, Parmesan
Hellbender Sunbreaker, Hefeweizen
SMOKED BRISKET FRIED RICE
Cuttlefish, Ramps, Peas
3 Stars Wheelz of Steel, Double IPA
Fried Potato Skin, Aligot, Porcini & Ramp Fricasse, Green Almonds
DC Brau Whiskey Barrel-Aged Doctor’s Dubbel, Whiskey Barrel-Aged Dubbel
THREE CHEESE TASTING
Maytag Blue, Taleggio, St. Stephen
DC Brau Your Pet Cow, Sweet Stout
Hellbender Panda Strike Force, IPA
Bluejacket Kelsey & Greg’s Wedding Ale, Sour Blond Ale w/ Peach
Vanilla Sabayon, Whipped Cream, Raspberry Granita
Bluejacket Caribou, Sweet Stout w/ Peanut Butter
DO WHAT’S RIGHT: MAINE DINNER RELEASE + FUNDRAISER!
THURSDAY, AUGUST 23RD @ 4 PM
Join ChurchKey on Thursday, August 23rd as we host our good friends from Maine Beer Company. On this night, we’ll pour the highly elusive Dinner Double IPA on draft for the very first time in DC, while raising money for the Friends of Katahdin Woods & Waters!
Considered one of the best beers in the country, Dinner is Maine Beer Co.’s most coveted release – sold only at the brewery to long lines of loyal fans. This inimitable Imperial IPA is double dry-hopped with Citra, Falconer’s Flight, Mosaic and Simcoe at a rate of 6 lbs. of hops per barrel.
Most importantly, ChurchKey will be donating $1 from every Maine beer sold to the Friends of Katahdin Woods & Waters, a non-profit working to preserve 87,562 acres of Maine forest, including more than 30 miles of rivers, streams and crucial wildlife habitats.
There is no admission fee for this event. All Maine beers will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
MAINE BEER COMPANY DINNER TAPPING
- A Tiny Beautiful Something (Pale Ale w/ El Dorado)
- Dinner (Double IPA w/ Citra, Falconer’s Flight, Mosaic & Simcoe)
- Lunch (IPA w/ Amarillo, Centennial & Simcoe)
- Mo (Pale Ale w/ Falconer’s Flight & Simcoe)
- Peeper (Pale Ale w/ Amarillo, Cascade & Centennial)
- Woods & Waters (IPA w/ Simcoe, Mosaic, Columbus & Idaho 7)
THE RAR DANK DAY REDUX
SATURDAY, AUGUST 25TH @ 11:30 AM
Join ChurchKey on Saturday, August 25th as we host the RAR Dank Day Redux. On this day, we’ll pour no less than 9 different beers from the Maryland brewery!
Hosted annually by RAR, Dank Day marks the release of some of the brewery’s most anticipated beers. Tickets to this year’s Dank Day festival sold out in a matter of minutes. Luckily, our friends at RAR have set aside kegs from each of the Dank Day releases for you to enjoy at ChurchKey!
Highlights from the list include Mallwalkers, a milkshake-style IPA infused with guava, brewed in collaboration with Hoof Hearted; and Pulpsicle, a juicy Pale Ale reminiscent of an orange-vanilla creamsicle.
There is no admission fee for this event. All RAR beers from will be priced individually by the glass and in 4 oz. tasting pours.
THE RAR DANK DAY REDUX LIST
- ChopDank (Double IPA)
- Hoof RARted (Double IPA; Hoof Hearted Collab.)
- Lil’ Dank (IPA)
- Mallwalkers (IPA w/ Guava & Lactose; Hoof Hearted Collab.)
- Out of Order: Cherry Limeade (Sour Red Ale w/ Cherry & Lime)
- Out of Order: Very Berry (Sour Red Ale w/ Strawberry, Raspberry & Blackberry)
- Pulp Friction (IPA; Civil Society Collab.)
- Pulpsicle (Pale Ale)
- Right Off Fiddy (Blond Ale; Burley Oak Collab.)